Saturday, August 11, 2012

Really?!

Okay, so this is my second go around on this post. I had it finished on my phone, sans the pictures.

So, not to long ago, I decided to buy a potty for Noah. Let me clarify, that I did not buy it thinking Noah was ready to potty train. I bought it because I was tired of scooping his poo out of the bath tub, at bath time. Noah was having a bad little spout of pooing in the bath tub, hence the purchase of the potty.

For a little while after I brought the potty home Noah just wanted to take it apart and play with it. He kept taking the cushion ring out and then the actual potty part. I bought one of the three in one potty chairs. He can use his potty chair, take the seat of and put it on the big potty, and use it as a stool. Anyway, I started hiding the potty in the bathroom and only put him on it when he looked like he needed to go while in the bathtub.

This past week, on Monday, after Noah got out of the bathtub he sat there as usual, but I gave him some books to read as well this time. He started peeing, and it went on the floor, so he stopped. I was able to hold him down until he continued to pee in his potty. I of course was clapping like crazy and telling him what a good job he did. I never thought I would be so excited about bowel movements.

His first pee-pee in the potty!


Fast forward to Wednesday.

After Noah's bath time he got out and I sat him on the potty again. This time he sat for a very long time and went through all the books in the bathroom. He would flip through them and them put them on the ground and then pick them up. I never heard him pee and I thought I heard some gas, but that was it. Once it was time to get up, I couldn't believe my eyes. Noah had gone number 1 and number 2! I know, excited about bowel movements again, but what can I say, I am a proud Mamma.

Noah reading one of his books, while doing his business.

We had a little bit of a draw back Thursday night. Noah didn't have a bath that night, but I thought I would try and let him sit on the potty for a little while. He sat there for a little bit and read some of his books, but got bored quickly. Noah got up and I let him wander off for just a minute while I finished cleaning in the bathroom. That was a bad idea.......Noah walking around naked, yes that means no diaper, was not the smartest thing I have ever done. He peed in the kitchen floor. I guess I should just be thankful it wasn't on the carpet.

The last time he used the bathroom was while he was at home with his daddy Friday. Before his bath he peed in the potty. Andrew said it was only a little bit, but every time and amount counts! I was so proud of both of them. They grow up so fast.

I know we still have a long ways to go, but I am encouraged by his progress, so quickly.

Did you have trouble potty training your little ones? When did you start? Let me know, so I can see what I have to look forward to!

Write you later.....Jordan

4 comments:

  1. Way to go! I have been discovering potty training takes tons of patience! I am glad we are going through this together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read LOTS of blog posts....and I must say this is the first time I have ever seen a post on going potty and a photo too! LOL thanks for the chuckle.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! Love the pic of him reading on the potty!! Priceless. Potty training can be difficult at times, just keep on tryin'. Good job momma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness the second picture was of Noah!! After writing about #1 and #2, I thought that picture was gonna be of #2, lol!! You know I had a lot of trouble with Jillian, keep up the good work! It's hard but the key is persistance!

    ReplyDelete