Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Vacation Week

Hello all! I have not been on here in the past week because I have been on vacation! Or should I say, staycation.

Noah and I were able to hang out all week and Andrew was even able to be with us Wednesday through Friday!!!

Monday: was spent fogging the house for bugs.....woohoo! Andrew was able to help before we left and then we went to the golf course and hung out. Noah got to run around for a bit and then we ate some lunch at the course and went home. I then cleaned massively while Noah took a nap. Of. course he woke up and made mommy hold him for the rest of his nap!

Tuesday: Noah and I took Andrew to work because we went that night to my dad's. After we dropped Andrew off we went to Wild Eggs!

It was pretty good. Noah got French Toast, while I got an avocado BLT sandwich and some potato bites. We really enjoyed it there, I had been wanting to try it forever!

We went to the mall after that so I could find a nice one piece bathing suit. It was a total bust! I only found 1 I liked and it was almost $50. I decided I would stick with what I had and we went home for the rest of the day and played!

Wednesday: we spent the night at my dads so he and my husband could play golf, before going to the 4th of July party!

Noah took a good 2-2 1/2 hour nap and then Carissa and her family came over so we could get some food ready for the party. Carissa made a squash casserole and I made a flag out of blueberries, strawberries and bananas! Carissa had the idea, but I made it while she made the casserole! They were both really good.

We swam from about 4-9 at Bobs house! He has this great pool that is shallow on both ends, but gets to five feet in the middle. There I even a slide into the pool! We had a great time. My lovely sister took a picture of us in the pool, since I am always telling her I don't have any family photos!!!!! Thanks Kissa!

We ended the night with fireworks. It was a great show this year! Noah liked the pretty colors, but he jumped every time they shot off. Overall though, he did really well. I was so proud of him!

Thursday: we all relaxed a little. Noah relaxed a lot. The boy took a 4 hour nap! Scarred the stink out of me. I of course checked to make sure he was breathing at 3 hours, called my sister at 3 1/2 hour to see if I should wake him up and then woke him up at 4 hours! I think he might have slept all day if I let him!

My dad came and got the spare bed and chest of drawers from us and gave us an elliptical! We never have anyone stay the night now that we have a kid, so we figured he might use it more than us! It was his grandfather and grandmothers furniture, so we wanted to keep it in the family!

After I woke Noah up from his nap we went to Dicks sporting goods where Andrew had a gift card and spent the rest of it. He got a nice pair of golf shorts and two Kentucky shirts....he never can have enough Kentucky shirts! I got a tie dye volleyball and Noah got a bouncy ball, that looks like a basketball.

After that we went out to Senior Iguanas with Andrews parents. We think his dad liked it, but don't know if his mom was very impressed. Andrew and I always like it, so we enjoyed supper!

Friday: we went to Holiday World for the day. We left at 8:45 and got there right when the park opened. My sister in law and two kids envied us. Man she knows what she is doing. They are season ticket holders, so they showed us the ropes!

First we rode in the old timey cars. Zac drove me, andrew and noah. Steph and Emma rode in a different car. It was Fun, but way to short.

Then we went to a little splash park before the whole park opened and Noah had a blast!

Emma and I rode a ride the spins really fast and goes upside down. It was pretty fun, I think I could have fallen asleep! Noah rode in a little boat with his cousin Zac, I think Noah had fun!

Once the park opened we went to the water park and Noah had a blast going down the slides! That is all he wanted to do. We finally went to the lazy river and Noah was awake for the first time and then I got him to fall asleep for the second trip. We stayed in for one more go around to make sure he asleep.

He took a nap in his covered wagon. Thank goodness we had the canopy, he still was sweating bullets, but at least he had some shade.

We finished up about at about 5 in the water park and Emma, me, and Andrew rode the Voyage. Emma did not know If she really wanted to ride because she was scared. She ended up loving it and just wanted to keep riding, but it was time to go. Before we left Noah got to ride the horses. He liked them pretty well!

Once we left we headed to Cracker Barrel for supper. It was such a great day! We have decided that we must go back!

Write you later.....Jordan


  1. Now that was one fun filled week! Holiday World is the best!

  2. Sounds like you had a great week!! Love all the pics. and your very welcome for your family pic!! I'm glad Noah had so much fun at Holiday World, ans I can't believe he slept in that wagon!! Great post!

  3. Great pictures!! I love them all! Sounds like you have been busy but having fun.